ATLANTA (AP) – U.S. Rep. Tom Graves’ son has been critically injured while competing in a race with Georgia Tech’s cycling team.
The Republican congressman said on Twitter that his son John was injured during an event in Calhoun, Georgia on Sunday and airlifted to a trauma center.
Graves said his son remains in intensive care and “is showing signs of responsiveness.” The six-term Graves, who represents Georgia’s conservative northwest corner, announced in December that he’s not seeking reelection this year.
Graves is a senior member of the powerful Appropriations Committee.
- Walmart Black Friday: PS5, more deals go live today
- Pedestrian fatality on Morgan Rd.
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison
- Former dog owner sleeps at animal shelters, comforting pets waiting for forever homes
- Thanksgiving meals served at Bible Deliverance Temple after double homicide Monday in Harrisburg