ATLANTA (AP) – U.S. Rep. Tom Graves’ son has been critically injured while competing in a race with Georgia Tech’s cycling team.
The Republican congressman said on Twitter that his son John was injured during an event in Calhoun, Georgia on Sunday and airlifted to a trauma center.
Graves said his son remains in intensive care and “is showing signs of responsiveness.” The six-term Graves, who represents Georgia’s conservative northwest corner, announced in December that he’s not seeking reelection this year.
Graves is a senior member of the powerful Appropriations Committee.
- A Super Sunny Sunday coming our way! – What to expect
- Police investigation a missing person in Barnwell County
- LSU fraternity pays off former cook’s mortgage
- Trooper shot in Bryan out of hospital, DPS shows support at son’s baseball game
- Augusta University’s new online course tackling race & politics