ATLANTA (AP) – A congressman from Georgia is one of eight House Republicans named by the White House to support President Donald Trump during the Senate impeachment trial that begins Tuesday.
U.S. Rep. Doug Collins tweeted Monday that he’s honored to fight on behalf of the President. The eight House members aren’t expected to actively participate in arguing the case before the Senate.
The White House statement says the group will be working to combat what its says is a hyper-partisan and baseless impeachment.
The statement also says the eight House members have provided guidance to the White House team throughout this process.
Tune into WJBF NewsChannel 6 at 1:00pm Tuesday to watch the impeachment proceedings.
- Atlanta rapper Silento charged with driving 143 mph on I-85
- NASA to announce new discovery about the moon
- Officer suspended for blaring ‘Trump 2020’ from NYPD vehicle
- FBI investigating fire set in Boston ballot dropbox
- Senate to confirm Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination