ATLANTA (AP) – A congressman from Georgia is one of eight House Republicans named by the White House to support President Donald Trump during the Senate impeachment trial that begins Tuesday.
U.S. Rep. Doug Collins tweeted Monday that he’s honored to fight on behalf of the President. The eight House members aren’t expected to actively participate in arguing the case before the Senate.
The White House statement says the group will be working to combat what its says is a hyper-partisan and baseless impeachment.
The statement also says the eight House members have provided guidance to the White House team throughout this process.
Tune into WJBF NewsChannel 6 at 1:00pm Tuesday to watch the impeachment proceedings.
- Walmart confirms it will launch a rival to Amazon’s Prime
- 156 dogs rescued in federal multi-county Georgia operation
- “The Office” star Brian Baumgartner makes his famous chili on “National Chili Day”
- Stand-Up comedian Mark Normand bringing the laughs to Augusta
- James Brown Boulevard reconstruction breaks ground