ATLANTA (AP) – A congressman from Georgia is one of eight House Republicans named by the White House to support President Donald Trump during the Senate impeachment trial that begins Tuesday.
U.S. Rep. Doug Collins tweeted Monday that he’s honored to fight on behalf of the President. The eight House members aren’t expected to actively participate in arguing the case before the Senate.
The White House statement says the group will be working to combat what its says is a hyper-partisan and baseless impeachment.
The statement also says the eight House members have provided guidance to the White House team throughout this process.
Tune into WJBF NewsChannel 6 at 1:00pm Tuesday to watch the impeachment proceedings.
- President of Auburn University posts letter on the current state of the nation
- Stevens Creek Church reopens their doors for services
- Live VIPIR 6 Weather Forecast 5/31/20 PM
- Southern Souls Rescue gives away 14,000 pounds of dog food in an hour
- Virtual town hall on HIV, COVID-19, and mental health scheduled for June