GRANTVILLE, Ga. (AP) – Deputies in Georgia are searching for as many as four suspects involved in an attempted home invasion and shooting that killed a 14-year-old girl.
News outlets report the teen was identified Wednesday as Haley Adams. She was fatally shot Tuesday night at a home in Grantville.
Authorities say the suspects attempted to enter the house. Then, surveillance video shows the group take off in a car and shots were fired from the vehicle.
The teen was shot in the back and later died at a hospital. The sheriff’s office says the incident was targeted but have not released a motive.
- Walmart confirms it will launch a rival to Amazon’s Prime
- 156 dogs rescued in federal multi-county Georgia operation
- “The Office” star Brian Baumgartner makes his famous chili on “National Chili Day”
- Stand-Up comedian Mark Normand bringing the laughs to Augusta
- James Brown Boulevard reconstruction breaks ground