DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) – Authorities in Iowa had to round up more than 1,700 piglets after a semi-trailer overturned on a freeway just north of Des Moines.
The crash happened Thursday afternoon when the truck and trailer overturned on an ramp to Interstate 35.
Iowa State Patrol troopers had to close the ramp at times as crews worked to capture and unload hundreds of pigs.
The Iowa Department of Public Safety said in a tweet, “authorities working to corral and transport 1,738 piglets!”
Stay up to date with the WJBF News App. Click HERE to download.
- Evans On Ice cancelled for 2020
- Report: Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, 2017
- Funeral held for man who died in a plane crash in Lincolton
- Live Vipir 6 Forecast Sunday, September 27th, 2020
- Another Falcons fold in 4th QT against Bears 30-26