DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) – Authorities in Iowa had to round up more than 1,700 piglets after a semi-trailer overturned on a freeway just north of Des Moines.
The crash happened Thursday afternoon when the truck and trailer overturned on an ramp to Interstate 35.
Iowa State Patrol troopers had to close the ramp at times as crews worked to capture and unload hundreds of pigs.
The Iowa Department of Public Safety said in a tweet, “authorities working to corral and transport 1,738 piglets!”
Stay up to date with the WJBF News App. Click HERE to download.
- Flood waters keep rising on the river and washing out region roads
- Riverkeeper wants in on Lock and Dam suit for crest gates
- Experts say there’s reason to be hopeful even as coronavirus death toll rises over 2,000
- Coronavirus explained with… hamburgers?
- Structure fire on Burton St. in Burke County