LAGRANGE, Ga. (AP) – Police in Georgia say they are looking for a man whose weapon was used by a 6-year-old child to accidentally shoot another child in the face.
LaGrange Police say a 4-year-old girl was found with a gunshot wound to her face after officers responded to a call at a LaGrange home on Monday.
The child was taken to a hospital and remains in critical condition. Police say 28-year-old Leemarkese Deangelo Melson had left out a loaded gun inside the home before the shooting.
Police say Melson took took the weapon with him and fled the scene after the child was shot.
- ‘Don’t just ignore it’: Postpartum depression in men
- IRS to send out another 1.5 million ‘surprise’ tax refunds this week
- Georgia Rental Assistance Program could help you from being evicted
- Newsfeed Now: Parents say they would lie to get underage kids vaccines; ‘rage rooms’ offering smashing stress relief
- Watch: Would-be thief’s shorts pulled down as he drags victim on Brooklyn street