NEW YORK (AP) – Whole other companies are shrinking, Amazon is growing.
The company said Wednesday that it is seeking to hire 33,000 people for corporate and tech roles in the next few months.
It’s the most job openings it’s had at one time, and the company said the roles its trying to fill are separate from the typical increase in hiring it does for warehouse workers ahead of the holidays.
To fill the jobs, Amazon said will hold an online career fair September 16th to collect resumes and give people a chance talk to a recruiter.
Those not interested in a job at Amazon can also get resume help, the company said.
- Beware of scam asking you for money to prove you’re owner of your home
- Burke County Sheriff reacts to Derek Chauvin verdict
- City traffic leaders look to make improvements on Robert C. Daniel Jr. Parkway
- Man fatally shot 7-year-old niece while making music video, police say
- Body count from drug cartel wars earns Mexican cities label of ‘most violent in the world’