NEW YORK (AP) – Whole other companies are shrinking, Amazon is growing.
The company said Wednesday that it is seeking to hire 33,000 people for corporate and tech roles in the next few months.
It’s the most job openings it’s had at one time, and the company said the roles its trying to fill are separate from the typical increase in hiring it does for warehouse workers ahead of the holidays.
To fill the jobs, Amazon said will hold an online career fair September 16th to collect resumes and give people a chance talk to a recruiter.
Those not interested in a job at Amazon can also get resume help, the company said.
- Study: Moderna coronavirus vaccine appears safe, shows signs of working in older adults
- Viewers’ Guide: Trump, Biden meet in Ohio for 1st debate
- Dolly Parton announces release date for Netflix Christmas movie
- Augusta looks at spraying vacant lots to slow growth
- Stimulus check update: GOP, Democrats inching closer to aid compromise