A home in Martinez was damaged Wednesday afternoon by fire.
The fire was at a home located at 267 Indian Creek Road. The call came in to Columbia-Martinez Fire Rescue around 3:00 p.m. Wednesday. The homeowner said there was a fire in the kitchen.
According to Assistant Fire Chief Jim Champion, the kitchen is destroyed and there is significant smoke damage in the living room. There were no injuries.
According to Columbia County Emergency Management Agency director Pam Tucker, the fire started on the kitchen stove and worked its way into the living room. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire. There were children in the home when the fire started, but they were all able to get out of the home safely and without any injuries.
1336 Augusta West Parkway
Can't find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.