Coroner: 'Glee' Actor Cory Monteith Died Of Overdose - WJBF-TV ABC 6 Augusta-Aiken News, Weather, Sports

Coroner: 'Glee' Actor Cory Monteith Died Of Overdose

Posted: Updated:
Photo Credit: ABC News Photo Credit: ABC News

A coroner says 'Glee' actor Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol.

The British Columbia Coroner's Office says in a statement Tuesday that "there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most tragic accident".

The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on Saturday. He was believed to be alone when he died.

Monteith had talked bluntly about struggling with addiction since he was a teenager, calling it a serious problem and telling Parade magazine in 2011 he was "lucky to be alive".

Powered by WorldNow

1336 Augusta West Parkway
Augusta, GA 30909

Telephone: 706.722.6664
Email: talkback6@wjbf.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.