Washington, Georgia is home to the first public library in the state.
The library is called the Mary Willis Library and was built in 1888 by Dr. Francis Willis in memory of his daughter.
The library houses rare books of Wilkes County and Georgia history, as well as memorabilia from the Willis family.
The central window is made of Tiffany glass and features a picture of Mary Willis.
In 1977, a library annex was added.
The building is also headquarters for the Bartram Trail Regional Library.
1336 Augusta West Parkway
Can't find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.