One person died and more than 100 people were hospitalized after apparently over-dosing on drugs during a music festival in Quincy, Washington.
Officials said someone was peddling a drug promoted as ecstasy, but it was actually "Molly," a powerful form of ecstasy sometimes mixed with other drugs.
Many of the people who took the drug overdosed, and local hospitals were overwhelmed with patients.
Sarina Fahrner, the chief nursing officer at Quincy Valley Medical Center, said the hospital treated more than 100 overdose patients from the concert, all of whom took the drug Molly.
"When you have cocaine and LSD and meth all mixed together, it just does terrible things to your body," she said. "Your heart doesn't tolerate it very well, your breathing does not tolerate it very well."
She said the overdose patients ranged in age from 18 to 26 years old.
1336 Augusta West Parkway
Can't find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.