A fire marshal has shut down part of a Myrtle Beach motel after finding up to 14 people in some rooms and smoke detectors missing.
Myrtle Beach Fire Marshal Bruce Arnel said the safety issues were found Monday during an inspection at the Calypso Inn.
Officials say a number of international students in Myrtle Beach to work for the summer were in the motel and had to find a different place to stay.
Arnel gave the owner of the motel a day to get the number of guests back under maximum capacity.
Motel owner Yehuda Sadeh says he is asking all the students to leave because of their poor behavior. Sadeh says he is correcting the problems found in the inspection.
1336 Augusta West Parkway
Can't find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.