In celebration of its Employee Appreciation Week from June 17 to June 21, employees from The Salvation Army (TSA) will complete several volunteer projects in the Augusta area, including a community family event in Harrisburg on Thursday evening.
The Harrisburg “Party in the Park” will take place at Hillside Park at 2101 Telfair Street from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday evening and will include face painting, drawing stations and other activities, as well as a hot dog dinner. There is no cost for admittance to the party.
“We’re blessed to be a part of a community that always steps up when we’re in need,” said Major Tony Perez, “now we want to give back to that community.”
Each day, TSA employees will participate in a different community service project.
· Monday, 9am - Noon – Working in the Harrisburg Community Garden
· Tuesday, 1pm to 4pm – Senior’s Activity and Reception at Hal Powell Apartments
· Wednesday, 8:30am - 11am – Canal Clean-Up
· Thursday, 4pm - 7pm – “Party in the Park” Family Day at Hillside Park, 2101 Telfair St.
· Friday, 1pm - 4pm – Working at the CSRA Humane Society
For more information about the Salvation Army, click here.
1336 Augusta West Parkway
Can't find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.