Dr. Kevin Campbell appears every Wednesday morning on WNCN Today. He will also provide a special one-minute guide to healthy living each week for WNCN.com.
Here, Dr. Campbell gives you five summer foods for better health:
- Strawberries: Strawberries are a good source of fiber and are low in calories. Strawberries have a lot of vitamin C that can aid with skin health.
- Zucchini: Zucchini are a great source of essential vitamins and minerals. These can help with eye sight and skin health.
- Green beans: Green beans are low in calories and high in fiber. Green beans are also an excellent source of vitamin K that is essential to the body.
- Corn: Corn is relatively low in calories and high in fiber.
- Raspberries: Raspberries are a great substitute for dessert. The fruit is high in fiber and low in calories.