Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Moved To Federal Medical Detenti - WJBF-TV ABC 6 Augusta-Aiken

Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Moved To Federal Medical Detention Center

Posted: Updated:
Boston, MA -

The surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings was moved Friday morning. He was brought, under heavy guard by U.S. Marshals, from Beth Israel Medical Center to a federal prison hospital at Fort Devens...about 40 miles west of Boston.

The transfer came after an intense interrogation conducted by the FBI before Johar Tsarnaev was read his rights...questioning Congressman Peter King says was cut short...

"My understanding was the interrogation was going to last about 48 hours. It was ended by the judge after 16 hours," Congressman King said on Good Morning America.

But, in those hours, the FBI learned of the brothers' last minute plan to leave Boston Thursday night. The FBI told New York City Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, Jahar claimed he and his brother intended to drive to Times Square to detonate more bombs.

"They discussed this while driving around in a Mercedes SUV that they had hijacked in Boston after they killed an MIT officer in Cambridge," Kelly said.

The victim of that carjacking shared his terrifying story with the Boston Globe. The man, identified only as "Danny", said in the 90 minutes before he was able to escape, the brothers asked if his vechicle could be driven out of state.

"What do you mean?" Danny asked. "Like New York," said one of the brothers." At one point, Tamerlan shouted, "don't look at me! Do you remember my face?" Danny responded, "no, no, I don't remember anything."

Investigators are still hard at work on this case, spending Thursday combing through a landfill near Johar's dorm looking for receipts and ammunition

Powered by WorldNow

1336 Augusta West Parkway
Augusta, GA 30909

Telephone: 706.722.6664

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.