NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. - (Press Release from GreenJackets): The Augusta GreenJackets lost a hard fought game against the Kannapolis Intimidators 4-2 on Monday night. Both teams struggled at the plate for the majority of the night. The first runs didn’t come until the sixth inning.
In that inning, the Intimidators scored three runs off a double by Justin Yurchak, then later followed by a home run from Evan Skoug. They later would add an insurance run in the ninth off a Laz Rivera home run. This was too much for the GreenJackets to overcome.
There were some bright spots for the GreeenJackets tonight. Jason Bahr had another great showing on the mound. He went five innings only giving up three hits and no runs. He also added nine strikeouts again to-night. Bahr continues to be dominate in his performances for the GreenJackets this season.
The two runs scored for the GreenJackets came off the bat of Rob Calabrese, as he hit one out of SRP Park in the seventh inning. This was his first home run as a GreenJacket.
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round