Evans, Ga. (WJBF) - An update now to a NewsChannel 6 Woman to Watch who we first introduced you to in 2016.
That was the year Christan Barnett started to execute the vision to dig water wells for those who need it most in Africa.
Since then, her organization, 28 Bold has spent countless hours, doing just that.
In 2017 they dug two in South Africa that has become the primary water source for hundreds in villages surrounding it.
"When people can really catch the vision of what 28 Bold is doing it's really encouraging and inspiring, but also the fact that they're not just saying, 'oh ya that's great you're doing a great job'. They're putting their money where their mouth is and supporting the vision, that's just really encouraging."
In 2018, they're slated to dig three more wells in Africa.
To learn more about 28 Bold, or to donate - go to 28Bold.com
You can nominate a Woman To Watch - click here
- New STEM Charter School open for enrollment in Trenton
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- Richmond County Board of Education approves school closings, re-zoning, and new school opening
- "Out There...Somewhere": This joint was pretty Swift
- Parents of children with autism at Special Olympics talk challenges, rewards
- Local student surprises mom with college news, her reaction is EVERYTHING
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round