AUGUSTA. Ga.-- The Salvation Army Red Kettle season kicks off in mid-November and runs through Christmas Eve.
Volunteer bell ringers sign up for shifts at many locations in the CSRA... every day of the week but Sunday.
You call and sign up, your supplies will be waiting for you at the appointed time, and your ring your heart out and smile to passers-by.
We've been "Black Friday bell ringers outside Macy's" in my family for years.
And over the years, we've had choirs, cheerleaders, superheroes, and plenty of friends and neighbors ring with us!
Why don't you consider ringing the bell with your family, scout troop, youth group, circle, book club, or golf buddies?
Just call Ali Scavullo at 706.434.3185 to sign up. she'll work with you to find a date and location that's right for you.
- New STEM Charter School open for enrollment in Trenton
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- Richmond County Board of Education approves school closings, re-zoning, and new school opening
- "Out There...Somewhere": This joint was pretty Swift
- Parents of children with autism at Special Olympics talk challenges, rewards
- Local student surprises mom with college news, her reaction is EVERYTHING
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round