AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - Two Davidson Fine Arts students are shining extra bright this week, having been awarded Scholastic Art and Writing National Gold Medals.
This award is presented to the top one percent out of 300-thousand entries.
Abbey Bentley won her gold medal for a personal photograph of the fairgrounds here in Augusta.
Ryan Cheape put his graphic artist skills to the test designing a logo for Augusta University's Literacy Center.
SAIL stands for Sailing, Arts, Interests and Literacy.
Ryan and Abbey will have the opportunity to attend the ceremony at Carnegie Hall this summer.
Some past winners of this award include: Andy Warhol, Truman Capote and Sylvia Plath.
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round