NORTH AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - The Family Y celebrates its 159th year of service to the CSRA.
Representatives from the 10 YMCA companies in the CSRA came to North Augusta last week, dressed as characters from their favorite Dr. Suess books.
The Greater Augusta Family Y launched its "For A Better Us" campaign. President and CEO Danny McConnell says the goal is to raise money to provide the youth with a safe space before and after school.
"We're going to try to raise 1.3 million dollars," said McConnell. "Every penny of that is given out through scholarships throughout our 10 locations throughout the CSRA."
Donations toward the Y branch campaign can be made through its website.
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round