AUGUSTA, Ga (WJBF) - Republican candidate for governor, Clay Tippins, came to Augusta on Saturday to visit 16-year-old Isabelle Schwartz.
Tippins' visit was to discuss Isabelle's work to raise awareness of Georgia's sex trafficking epidemic.
Isabelle shared her valuable insight on how social media is a major source for traffickers to target teens.
She also shared with the candidate what signs to look for that could indicate that a child has been a victim of trafficking.
Tippins has made decimating sex trafficking a cornerstone of his campaign and was pleased to have the opportunity to get the teen's fresh perspective.
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- Business owners raising money for funeral of Latania Janell Carwell
- St. Patrick's Day Fun at Brandon Wilde
- Loved ones, strangers release balloons in honor of LaTania Janell Carwell
- Family, friends reflect on couple killed in McDuffie County
- Possible cat hoarding case: Neighbors want change
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round