AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - A large Columbia County business is moving about a hundred of its employees to downtown Augusta.
Last week, TaxSlayer purchased the Family Y's downtown building for two-million-dollars.
The tax-preparation company announced this week it will move its software developers and administrative staff to the downtown location in about a year.
Company officials say there is a technology movement going on downtown and they want to be a part of it.
TaxSlayer will still use its Columbia County location.
The Family Y is looking for a new building for its downtown members.
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits