Washington County, GA (WJBF) - Two people have been detained after search warrants were executed in Sandersville, Georgia as part of a drug investigation.
According to a release from the Ocmulgee Drug Task Force, the search warrants were served by on Thursday, April 7th on Elder Street in Sandersville.
Wesley Nunn, Commander of the Ocmulgee Drug Task Force, says that the investigation started last month with undercover buys at 309 and 311 Elder Street.
At approximately 5:00 p.m. on April 7th, officers from Sandersville Police Department, Washington County Sheriff's Office, Jones County K-9 Unit, and agents from the Ocmulgee Drug Task Force assembled and conducted a briefing on the search warrants.
As law enforcement units arrived at the search location, one male reportedly ran from the lot and two others were detained. The search consisted of a portable tool shed that had been converted into a make shift store. Selling beer, soft drinks and chips. Found in the building was approximately 8 grams of Crack Cocaine along with a .22 rifle, and a BB handgun, according to Nunn.
Nunn also says, in and around the shed, law enforcement officers found 5 ounces of marijuana, scales, a total of $800 in cash, 230 Xanax pills which sell for $5 each, powder cocaine, along with 2 cell phones. he says that the storage building was towed away and seized from the property, which will be seized under the Georgia Asset Forfeiture statute.
The Ocmulgee Drug Task Force is a Multi-Jurisdictional Task Force and Sheriff Thomas Smith is the Chairman of the Task Force. Nunn says that the investigation is continuing.
Anyone with any information on drug activity is asked to call 478-414-5997.
- New STEM Charter School open for enrollment in Trenton
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- WJBF Scholar Athlete: Strom Thurmond's Becca Lorimer
- City searches for solutions to blighted buildings
- Twice in one week, threats of school shootings involving local schools
- Will paying for LEC renovation require tax hike?
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round