WASHINGTON, Ga (WJBF) - Hey Washington, Georgia do you know who just had another birthday?
"No", said Barry Holloway.George Washington
"I didn't realize that," said Hope West.You let it slip past again.
'You didn't do anything?', we asked a women who didn't want to be identified.
"Nothing special."For Washington's birthday?
"I did not," she answered.In Washington Georgia.
"I did not,"
Washington is a big deal in Washington Georgia.
This is the first town in America named for him, and I bet if you're walking the streets of Washington, you're going to find a lot of people named for him.Your name is George?
"No no...Ramon Gartrell," said Ramon.No not your name.
"Not my name,"said Barry.
"I have a dad," said Hope,Is he named George?
"No," she said.Do you know anybody named George.
"No I don't," said Hope.In Washington, Georgia you don't know a George?
"No sir I don't."Wow
Here's some kids visiting their grandparents here in Washington. Not a George, not a George, not a George, definitely not a George.
"I know several Georges" said Bary.You do? Who live here?
"Yes," he saidI don't believe you.
This town is named for George Washington.Should there be more Georges?
"I don't know," said RamonWhat's wrong with George?
"I don't know," he said
What's up with Washington.No George?
"No", said Ramond,No birthday.
Talk about not embracing your history. The General of the Continental Army...Washington comma George. Defeating the British monarch, King comma George.
Out There Somewhere in Washington George Eskola WJBF NewsChannel 6.
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round