BURKE COUNTY, Ga. - One person is dead after an accident in Waynesboro, Friday
The Burke County coroner says 60-year old Grover Vickery was apparently speeding on Hwy 24, in Waynesboro.
Vickery lost control of his vehicle after passing another car.
The coroner says this caused him to run off the road and hit a parked car in someone's yard.
Vickery was pronounced dead at the scene at 8:35 p.m.
Vickery was from Girard, Georgia.
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round