WJBF Staff - AIKEN, S.C. (WJBF) - The man charged in a deadly 2016 hit and run is being sentenced.
Ryan Isaac Kelly was given 5 years suspension, after completing one year in prison and 3 years probation.
Kelly was convicted last year, after he hit 15-year-old Errick Giles on Hammond Road on January 14th. Then, he left the scene of the accident.
Although Giles' death was ruled accidental, authorities arrested Kelly and charged him with Leaving the Scene of an Accident.
Kelly did plead guilty and is in the Aiken County Detention Center.
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- St. Patrick's Day Fun at Brandon Wilde
- Loved ones, strangers release balloons in honor of LaTania Janell Carwell
- Family, friends reflect on couple killed in McDuffie County
- Possible cat hoarding case: Neighbors want change
- Augusta new logo do you have it in green?
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round