APPLING, Ga. (WJBF) - The Columbia County Sheriff's Office has arrested a man accused of molesting a child related to him.
Lucas Hall "Luke" Palubicki, 33, is charged with Child Molestation.
According to the investigation report from the Columbia County Sheriff's Office, the incident took place about a year ago at a home in Grovetown while Palubicki was visiting the child's family. The alleged victim's father found Palubicki and the boy in the boy's closet.
The mother of the child says her son later told his father that Palubicki touched his private area and he made the child touch his private area and that Palubicki was trying to teach him how to masturbate.
The mother said she took her son to a therapist in March 2016 and the therapist contacted DFACS.
The parents of the child wish to prosecute.
- New STEM Charter School open for enrollment in Trenton
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- Unloaded BB gun brought to Southside Elementary
- Sprouts Farmers Market hosting hiring fair for new location
- Deep cleaning temporarily shuts down operating room at Augusta State Medical Prison
- WJBF Scholar Athlete: Strom Thurmond's Becca Lorimer
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round