RICHMOND COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) - Investigators have confirmed that an off-duty Richmond County Deputy has died as a result of his injuries after being shot.
He has been identified as Deputy Gregory Cooke. He has been with the Sheriff's Office since 2014.
The suspects, including 17-year-old Naeem Rashad Caldwell, 18-year-old Donelle Osborne and 2 others are in custody
Both were arrested by the Burke County Sheriff's Office in Waynesboro.
We're told the shooting involved a domestic situation in the 2400 block of Lennox Road
RICHMOND COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) - Numerous Richmond County Deputies and investigators are currently responding to a scene on Windsor Spring Road.
Our crew on the scene tells us there are 22 law enforcement vehicles on the scene and a Georgia State Patrol helicopter circling the scene, as well.
Details are limited at this time.
Stay with NewsChannel 6 for the latest.
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- Burke County combating gang activity
- Golden Apple: Jennifer Whitaker
- Commission gives green light to new logo
- Inmate demolition crew raises commission concerns
- Commission approves reusing LEC for Juvenile Court
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round