AUGUSTA, Ga.-- Time now to recognize our latest Giving Your Best winner, Daryl Morse.
He'll tell you he's only a small part of a team, but actually Daryl is one of the founding members of ReStart Augusta. The non-profit provides beds and bedding to people in need.
Jennie: "From WJBF and our Giving Your Best partners, Solvay Specialty Polymers and South State Bank. And this is for all the work that you have done with ReStart Augusta and a lot of us got to take part at ReStart on a volunteer basis and it was just super!"
Darlyl: "The 36 beds are gone, by the way, you need to come back! I can't thank you enough, though, for this, this means a lot to me personally; it means a lot to all of us at ReStart and we're glad you came and helped. We're now over 1500 beds since our beginning in 2014. So, we gave away about 100 the first year, and we gave away just short of 450 this year, and just a little more than 450 last year, so we're just kind of right in step. There were 9 this morning and we'll deliver 18 this weekend."
ReStart Augusta provides new or gently used beds and bedding for children, families, and veterans in the Augusta area.
Daryl: "It was the opportunity to get involved in something at kind of a grass roots level, when it just started out. I delivered bed number one. It just kind of resonated with me, the ability to do that and make that kind of difference, and I enjoy it so much."
Daryl and his team believe beds provide a sense of comfort, rest, and peace.
Daryl: "All those retirees come, they're guys, they're gals, some pack bedding, some cut boards, some sand boards and assemble boards. We have families that come with their 5-year-olds and they paint. We have retired guys like myself and gals that come and do anything that really interests them. But we always have a job-- if you want to come and help deliver, that's a good job."
Daryl: "We have a job for everybody at ReStart Augusta!
Business owner raising money for...
St. Patrick's Day Fun at Brandon Wilde
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- St. Patrick's Day Fun at Brandon Wilde
- Loved ones, strangers release balloons in honor of LaTania Janell Carwell
- Family, friends reflect on couple killed in McDuffie County
- Possible cat hoarding case: Neighbors want change
- Augusta new logo do you have it in green?
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round