SWAINSBORO, Ga. (WJBF) - The Georgia Bureau of Investigations is assisting the Swainsboro Police Department in the investigation of a shooting death.
Police were dispatched to the area of Marion Street on Saturday, April 22nd, just around 11 p.m. in reference to gun shots fired.
Upon arrival, officers found 17-year-old Zavieon Ricks lying in the driveway of 502 Marion Street suffering from a gunshot wound.
20-year-old Khaul Davis was found in the doorway, suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg.
Attempts to revive Ricks were unsuccessful. He later died at the scene as a result of the gunshot wound.
Davis was taken to Emanuel Medical Center for treatment.
Authorities say the investigation is ongoing.
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- 1 Dead after Single Vehicle Crash in Burke County
- Local artist creates a foundation to help foster children
- 28 years missing: The Millbrook twins' family still searching for answers
- North Augusta man dead following single car crash
- Augusta woman with mental challenges missing from home
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round