Augusta, GA (WJBF) - More than 60 employers will be recruiting to fill hundreds of job openings at the Fort Gordon Veterans Job Fair on Tuesday, May 3, in Augusta.
The Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) and Fort Gordon's Soldiers for Life-TAP (Transition Assistance Program) will co-host the event. It will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the Fort Gordon Army Reserve Center in Building 14401 located at the corner of Lane Avenue and 15th St. GDOL staff will be on site to screen the applicants.
The event is designed to assist with the employment needs of active, retired, and reserve military personnel and their families. However, all job seekers may attend.
Employers who have already registered for the event include: ABM Government Services, Accustaff, ADP, AFLAC, Army Community Services, ATC Healthcare Service, Augusta Marriott, Augusta Staffing Associates, Augusta University, Augusta Vet Center, Bankers Life, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Booz Allen Hamilton, CB&I Areva Mox Services, City of Atlanta, Cobb County Department of Public Safety, Columbia County's Sheriff's Office, Comcast, DeKalb County Police Department, E-2 Consulting Engineers, Family YMCA, Fort Gordon Exchange (AAFES), Fort Gordon Youth Challenge Academy, FPL FOOD, and the Georgia Department of Community Affairs.
Also, the Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice, Georgia Department of Public Safety, Georgia Driving Academy, Gwinnett County Police Department, Janus Research, KaMin, Kelly Services, Key Bridge Technologies, Leidos, Macy's, Pentagon Federal Credit Union, Quantum Dynamics, Richmond County Sheriff's Office, RLM Communications, Rural Sourcing, Savannah River Nuclear Solutions, Savannah River Remediation, Schneider, Serenity Behavioral Health System, Sitel, South Carolina Department of Corrections, Southern Wesleyan University, Spherion, Subway, TASC, T-Mobile, U.S. Air Force Civilian Personnel, U.S. Army Tank Automotive Research, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, U.S. Social Security Administration, Unisys, USDA Forest Service, Varen Technologies, Verizon Wireless, and Windstream Communications.
Applicants are encouraged to bring a resume and dress appropriately to improve their opportunities for jobs.
Job seekers planning to attend the event are encouraged to visit www.employgeorgia.com to create an account and upload or create a resume. Having an Employ Georgia account and resume expedites the interview process.
For more information about the expo, contact the GDOL's Augusta Career Center at (706) 721-3131.
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- St. Patrick's Day Fun at Brandon Wilde
- Loved ones, strangers release balloons in honor of LaTania Janell Carwell
- Family, friends reflect on couple killed in McDuffie County
- Possible cat hoarding case: Neighbors want change
- Augusta new logo do you have it in green?
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round