MARTINEZ, Ga. (WJBF) - For the second time in just more than two months, Augusta Christian Schools are mourning the loss of one of their own.
According to a post on the school's Facebook page, former student Emily Roberson was killed in a crash in Morgan County, Georgia, which is about 80 miles west of Augusta.
In the post, Head of Schools Les Walden said, "I am very sad to report to you that our former ACS student, Emily Roberson, was killed in a car accident today in Morgan County, GA. I do not know any other details right now but we will post arrangements and such as we find out. As we did during the other tragic event this year with Drew Passmore, let's all band together and support this family with prayer, love and any other support that they may need.The family is requesting that only family members come to their house at this time.Remember, our God is faithful even when we do not understand."
Passmore died in March after a crash on William Few Parkway. The school recently renamed its baseball field in his honor.
Details of the crash that killed Roberson were not immediately available.
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- Bi-Lo closing 3 stores in CSRA, company files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Local woman hosting 3k walk to raise Kidney Disease Awareness in CSRA
- Business owners raising money for funeral of Latania Janell Carwell
- St. Patrick's Day Fun at Brandon Wilde
- Loved ones, strangers release balloons in honor of LaTania Janell Carwell
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round