Sherman & Hemstreet has announced the sale of a 24 plus acre site located off of Wrightsboro Road.
The site was previously used as a 400,000 square foot industrial distribution center and according to Matt Aitken, the Agent with Sherman and Hemstreet the site is one of the last large tracts of land left in the downtown area.
1812 Slaton Street is located near 15th Street and is suitably located close to downtown, Augusta University, The Savannah River, Paine College, the Medical District, and SRP Park.
According to a release, Joe Edge the President of Sherman & Hemstreet said that “This transaction along with other recent developments shows that there is significant demand for good housing in the downtown area. We need more innovative projects such as this and the Foundry Project which just broke ground very close to this site”.
However, Aitken’s main focus is on property in Downtown Augusta and development sites
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits