AIKEN, S.C. (WJBF) - Two fallen South Carolina Department of Transportation workers will be honored in Aiken on Tuesday.
Anthony "Tony" Redmond and Robert "Bob" Clark were killed by a vehicle while inspecting a road in Aiken County last year.
SCDOT plans to commemorate the employees with a building named the Redmond-Clark Section Shed.
The ceremony is Tuesday at 3 p.m. at the SCDOT Beech Island Section Shed on Atomic Road.
The driver of the vehicle, Lonnie Dean Miller, was sentence to 25 years in prison for reckless homicide in the death of Redmond and Clark.
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- Bi-Lo closing 3 stores in CSRA, company files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Local woman hosting 3k walk to raise Kidney Disease Awareness in CSRA
- Business owners raising money for funeral of Latania Janell Carwell
- St. Patrick's Day Fun at Brandon Wilde
- Loved ones, strangers release balloons in honor of LaTania Janell Carwell
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round