WJBF STAFF - AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - According to the Augusta Chronicle, the Morris Publishing Company sold its newspaper to GateHouse Media.
Statements from the Chronicle say that it was a part of strategic reconstructing to focus its business on lifestyle publications, property development, and new business.
Morris Communications company announced that the company has signed an agreement to sell the assets of the Morris Publishing Group and the Augusta Chronicle to GateHouse Media.
According to the August Chronicle, the sales include many non-daily publications, 10 other daily newspapers, digital assets, and associated websites.
The deal is expected to finalize on October 2, 2017, and the terms have not been released.
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- Parking illegally in N. Augusta now costs you; Trolleys approved to boost tourism
- Giving Your Best: The Blair Brothers
- Demo company says inmate crews easier said than done
- Walton Way assault leaves concerns on nearby AU Campus
- Semi truck crashes through PCS Nitrogen Plant gates
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round