BURKE COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) - Local deputies investigating a drugs and weapons case and federal agents are involved.
Chief Lewis Blanchard with the Burke County Sheriff's Office tells us they served a search warrant this morning on Seldon Drive in Hephzibah.
They arrested two people on drugs and weapons charges.
70-year-old Jesse Palmer and 67-year-old Annie Mae Palmer are charged with Possession of Cocaine With the Intent to Distribute, Possession of Marijuana With the Intent to Distribute, and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Crime.
42-year-old Shunda Palmer is charged with Possession of Marijuana With the Intent to Distribute.
Inside the home, investigators found 7 grams of Cocaine, 236 grams of Marijuana and187 grams of grams of Psychedelic Mushrooms. They also found $2,834 in cash, two vehicles and 10 firearms.
Chief Blanchard says the federal drug enforcement administration is involved and so is the Richmond County Sheriff's Office.
More arrests are expected.
- New STEM Charter School open for enrollment in Trenton
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- Richmond County Board of Education approves school closings, re-zoning, and new school opening
- "Out There...Somewhere": This joint was pretty Swift
- Parents of children with autism at Special Olympics talk challenges, rewards
- Local student surprises mom with college news, her reaction is EVERYTHING
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round