MT. MORRIS, NY (WROC) - A sex offender, who served time for the sexual assault of a 5-year-old, has been charged with a parole violation in Livingston County.
Mount Morris police tell News 8 that Terri Havens was investigated after posting an advertisement on Craigslist looking for a personal aide.
A person who responded to the ad made a report to the sheriff's office, officials said. During a search, police say investigators learned Havens had used a phone to access the internet — a violation of parole terms.
Police say Havens is being held in Livingston County Jail awaiting a hearing.
Havens was convicted of sodomy in 2003 and sentenced to 13 years in prison.
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits