AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - The Richmond County Sheriff's Office confirms that the human remains found in the woods on Golden Camp Road have been identified as 16-year-old Latania Janell Carwell.
Richmond County Coroner Mark Bowen says that she was identified through dental records.
Latania was first reported missing last April 17th, when her mother, Tanya Tripp, said she left with her stepfather, Leon Tripp.
Leon Tripp faces charges of Murder and Kidnapping in regards to her disappearance.
Tanya is charged with Concealing a Death.
Leon Tripp later told investigators that she is dead.
The Richmond County Sheriff's Office will hold a press conference on Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.
This is a developing story. Count on NewsChannel 6 for the latest details as they become available.
Investigation finds U.S. Military...
4 SC family members beaten to death;...
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- Family to hold prayer vigil for twin girls missing since 1990
- Edgefield County awarded highest level certification for financial reporting
- Salvation Army, Boys and Girls club launching 'Celebrity Reader Program'
- Arrow Exterminators warns homeowners about termite damage as spring nears
- Le Chatons Noir modernizing production of "Miss Julie," tickets on sale
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round