BURKE COUNTY, Ga. - One person is dead after a car accident in Burke County.
The Burke County Sheriff's Office says it happened around 3:30 am, Sunday, on the Highway 25 Bypass, just south of the Board of Education Office.
Investigators say the vehicle ran off the road and hit a tree.
The driver of the vehicle, 62-year old Tommie Wright of Coleman Lane in Burke County is in critical condition.
Investigators say Wright was transported by Burke County EMA to Augusta University Medical Center.
56-year old Beverly Young of Old Mullen Highway was pronounced dead at the scene.
The accident has been turned over to Georgia State Patrol and no further information has been released at this time.
NewsChannel 6 will continue to keep you updated.
Teenager takes insanity plea after...
Augusta man arrested for kidnapping wife
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round