NORTH AUGUSTA, SC -- A North Augusta Department of Public Safety officer and a female driver were injured after an accident Sunday night.
The accident on U.S. Highway 25 northbound near the Walmart.
Authorities tell us the officer was responding to a shoplifting call with no lights and sirens when he was t-boned by an SUV.
The officer and the female driver were sent to Georgia Regents Medical Center with non life-threatening injuries.
The South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating the accident.
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round