LAKE MARY, Fla. (AP) - A former NASCAR driver has been arrested on a federal charge of trying to entice a minor into sex.
The Orlando Sentinel reports that 59-year-old Rick Crawford was arrested Thursday in Lake Mary after he had been communicating about sex with an undercover sheriff’s deputy posing as a 12-year-old girl.
Authorities say Crawford and the undercover deputy were communicating for more than two weeks when he negotiated a time and place to meet up.
Court records show Crawford agreed to pay between $50 and $75 and that they would meet in a parking lot.
Crawford told investigators he didn’t believe the girl was 12 and would not have followed through with sex if she turned out to be underage.
Crawford raced in the NASCAR truck-series from 1997 to 2013.
Cops: Grandmother used Doritos bag to...
SC couple kills then dismembers...
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- Bi-Lo closing 3 stores in CSRA, company files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Local woman hosting 3k walk to raise Kidney Disease Awareness in CSRA
- Business owners raising money for funeral of Latania Janell Carwell
- St. Patrick's Day Fun at Brandon Wilde
- Loved ones, strangers release balloons in honor of LaTania Janell Carwell
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round