AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - District Attorney Natalie Paine has filed a new motion in the case of Leon Tripp, saying she intends to seek the death penalty against him.
The motion filed in Superior Court states, Tripp allegedly killed his step-daughter, 16-year-old Latania Janell Carwell, during the act of another felony and that the crime was outrageously vile and the murder involved torture.
After Latania Janelle's remains were identified earlier this week, The DA upgraded the charges against Tripp as well as formally charged her mother, Tanya Tripp, with murder.
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits