BURKE COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) - A Burke County Deputy is off the job following a DUI arrest.
Sergeant Vonshay Felton was involved in a single vehicle crash Monday morning around 2 a.m. near Riverwatch and I-20.
Felton was arrested at the scene for DUI.
This morning, the Burke County Sheriff’s Office received an e-mail from Felton apologizing to the Sheriff, members of the agency and the community for his actions.
Felton has resigned effective immediately.
His arrest will be turned over to the Georgia Peace Officers Standards and Training Council for investigation.
Burke County man arrested after...
Bill Cosby found GUILTY of sexually...
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round