The Turner family lives on Cougar Court in Hephzibah.
They sent us pictures of the hole in their roof.
They say they heard celebratory gunfire in the area during New Year's Eve.
Just after midnight, they heard a loud bang in their kitchen.
That's when they noticed the hole in their roof and the bullet on their kitchen floor.
Two members of the family had just left the kitchen minutes earlier while they were getting a snack.
Investigators took the bullet as evidence and are trying to figure out who shot it.
Deputies say if you shoot a gun into the air, you could be charged with a misdemeanor and face a fine of $1,000, or worse if someone is injured or killed.The Turner family has a GoFundMe Page up to help them repair the roof damage.
Man arrested after exposing himself...
Drug laced with bug spray leads to...
- New STEM Charter School open for enrollment in Trenton
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- SRP Park fluid traffic plan, parking options; city looking to hire trolley drivers
- Man arrested after exposing himself in Aiken Mall
- SCE&G reporting power outage in North Augusta area
- Jennie: A little Gino, the lights of Broadway, and making dreams come true
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round