AIKEN, S.C. (WJBF) - An Aiken burglary suspect is behind bars as well as three others charged in connection with allegedly hiding him from investigators.
Monroe Hall III originally ran from the scene of a shooting on Dunbar Street on February 2nd and allegedly broke into and hid inside a home on Hillman Street.
Investigators were tipped off to his possible location Sunday night and responded to the Econo Lodge on Richland Avenue just after 6 p.m.
The occupants of the room, Cody Bunn (22), Jennifer Pardue-Edgerly (37) and Kristin Owens (18) gave deputies the okay to search the room, during which Hall was not found initially.
During the investigation, however, Hall was later found to be hiding under the box spring inside the bed frame in the room.
He was taken into custody without incident and is being held at the Aiken County Detention Center on his previous outstanding warrant for 2nd Degree Burglary. He's also facing charges of Trafficking Methamphetamine, Possession of a Stolen Firearm, Simple Possession of Marijuana, Possession of a Weapon during Violent Crime and Possession with the Intent to Distribute a
Controlled Substance within a half mile of a School.
Deputies also arrested Edgerly, Owens and Bunn for Interference, Hindering Officers serving Arrest Warrant.
“We are grateful for the information that was provided by a citizen that not only helped us arrest a violent offender but his friends who chose to hide him. We cannot express our gratitude enough for the continued support from citizens who help solve crimes.”
- Sheriff Michael Hunt
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round