AUGUSTA, Ga. (WJBF) - The Henry Brigham community center is marking black history month with a celebration.
On Friday morning the senior choir sang as they honored our ancestors.
The group also performed the black national anthem,"lift every voice and sing."
Black history month became a tradition around 1926 when African-Americans noticed they were not well represented in American history books.
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- Winter: the dolphin whose spirit and will to survive inspired Dolphin Tale
- Southern Living names Aiken best small town in the South
- Suspect arrested in Timbercreek Lane shooting
- Grant set to help Burke County Deputies with traffic enforcement
- Town Hall to discuss Augusta development project
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round