COLUMBIA COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) - One suspect is now in custody after a standoff in Columbia County.
40-year-old Cheney Lee Allen was arrested for Probation violation and a number of outstanding warrants in Panama City, Florida as well as Georgia.
It happened at a home near the intersection of Cox Road and Belair Road around 1 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.
Columbia County deputies were helping US Marshals serve arrest warrants on the suspect.
The home was that of the suspect's brother.
Allen also had his girlfriend with him.
Both his brother and girlfriend were briefly apprehended before being released.
Police had to use a tear gas canister to subdue the suspect.
Allen suffered minor injuries during the capture and was taken to the hospital for treatment.
He is now at the Columbia County Sheriff's Office in custody.
COLUMBIA COUNTY, Ga. (WJBF) - The Columbia County Sheriff's Office is assisting US Marshals in serving a warrant at a home on Cox Road.
Details are limited at this time.
Stay with NewsChannel 6 for the latest.
- New STEM Charter School open for enrollment in Trenton
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- Richmond County Board of Education approves school closings, re-zoning, and new school opening
- "Out There...Somewhere": This joint was pretty Swift
- Parents of children with autism at Special Olympics talk challenges, rewards
- Local student surprises mom with college news, her reaction is EVERYTHING
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round