AUGUSTA, Ga. - The Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center (CNVAMC) has announced the appointment of Dr. Oladipo Kukoyi as the new Chief of Staff for the facility, located in Augusta, Georgia
Oladipo Kukoyi MD, MS, joined the Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center (CNVAMC), Augusta, Georgia in July 2014 as the Deputy Chief of Staff. He has been appointed as the Chief of Staff effective July 26, 2015. Since April 6, 2015, he has been the Acting Chief of Staff. Prior to joining CNVAMC, he was the Chief of Mental Health at the Dorn VAMC in Columbia, SC from January 2013-June 2014.
"Dr. Kukoyi has a proven record of exceptional leadership within the Department of Veterans Affairs, and I am glad to welcome him in his new role," said CNVAMC Director, Ms. Maria Andrews.
While at Dorn VAMC, he served in multiple roles within the Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN 7), which provided him broad exposure to increasing areas of clinical and administrative responsibilities. He served in acting roles as the Deputy Chief of Staff and Chief of Staff of Dorn VAMC, as well as Chief of Primary Care, while continuing his day job as Chief of Mental Health. He also served as the acting VISN 7 Chief Mental Health Officer, responsible for mental health policies and procedures across the eight VA hospitals in Georgia, South Carolina School of Medicine and Alabama. Prior to moving to VISN 7, he was the Medical Director of Inpatient Psychiatry at the Sacramento VA Medical Center in California from September 2007-January 2013.
Dr. Kukoyi is board certified in Psychiatry and Family Medicine. He holds academic appointments at University of South Carolina and Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. He has expertise in psychosomatic medicine and in treating a wide array of psychiatric conditions and has a research interest in the interface between psychiatric and medical conditions. He is extensively published in this field.
Dr. Kukoyi has a Masters in Clinical Investigation and has pursued research in the neuropsychiatry of epilepsy. He has been recognized for his teaching and mentoring excellence of trainees. He is also a 2012 graduate of the VA Health Care Leadership Development Program (HCLDP) and is a VHA Certified Mentor.
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- Edgefield County awarded highest level certification for financial reporting
- Salvation Army, Boys and Girls club launching 'Celebrity Reader Program'
- Arrow Exterminators warns homeowners about termite damage as spring nears
- Le Chatons Noir modernizing production of "Miss Julie," tickets on sale
- 'How to prevent community mass shootings' open dialogue with Aiken community
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round