BLANCHESTER, Ohio (AP) — Police in Ohio say a crying woman was being held captive in a pit inside her neighbor's backyard shed, and the man was arrested on a charge of kidnapping.
Blanchester police say Dennis Dunn has a history of mental health issues and was taken to a hospital. The woman was treated at a hospital and released.
Police say the woman was reported missing about 2 a.m. Wednesday, and neighbors called police about 4 a.m., after hearing cries from the shed.
Officers found the woman in the pit. They say the hole was covered with a wooden board that had heavy objects on top of it, preventing her from getting out.
It couldn't immediately be determined whether Dunn has an attorney to comment on the accusations.
Blanchester is about 40 miles (64 kilometers) northeast of Cincinnati.
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- Parking illegally in N. Augusta now costs you; Trolleys approved to boost tourism
- Giving Your Best: The Blair Brothers
- Demo company says inmate crews easier said than done
- Walton Way assault leaves concerns on nearby AU Campus
- Semi truck crashes through PCS Nitrogen Plant gates
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round