HEPHZIBAH, Ga. (WJBF) — The Richmond County Sheriff's Office is investigating a body found off Peach Orchard Road.
The victim has been identified as 27-year-old Chad Garner from Hephzibah.
His body was discovered in a shed, just south of Pointe South Golf Club.
The coroner says Garner died from a gunshot wound.
Investigators are calling his death a homicide and there are no suspects at this time.
An autopsy is scheduled next week at the GBI Crime Lab in Atlanta.
- Local businesses to host community active shooter workshop
- Annual CSRA Heart Walk raises money to support Heart disease survivors
- 1 Dead after Single Vehicle Crash in Burke County
- Local artist creates a foundation to help foster children
- 28 years missing: The Millbrook twins' family still searching for answers
- North Augusta man dead following single car crash
- Augusta woman with mental challenges missing from home
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits
- Inside Flat Earth International Conference, where everyone believes Earth isn't round