WJBF Staff - Columbia County, Ga. (WJBF) - Columbia County deputies responding to the scene of a fatal hit-and-run involving a cyclist in Columbia County.
It happened shortly after 7 a.m. when investigators were called in reference to a body lying in a ditch on Wrightsboro Road, between Hagan Road and Kettle Creek.
Officials say the victim was pronounced dead at the scene.
He's been identified as 59-year-old Charles William McDaniel.
He was reportedly riding his bike on the side of the road when he was struck from behind by a vehicle.
The suspect's vehicle is described as a late model GMC or Chevy Truck, white in color. It's now damaged and left parts behind.Count on NewsChannel 6 for the latest details as they become available.
- Ohio man calls police after pig won't stop following him
- Sheriff: Man helped give goat whiskey, cocaine
- VIDEO: Two guys try ‘tall man' trick to get into Black Panther
- Nearly a dozen day care workers say parent's cookies made them high
- Simple sketch helps police identify theft suspect
- Couple inundated with mystery packages wants it to stop
- Owner receives letter granting dog unemployment benefits